The TASCAM DP-24SD – A Complete Digital Studio
The DP-24SD Digital Portastudio is a 24-track workstation, allowing eight tracks of simultaneous recording. The built-in mixer includes everything you need for a professional-sounding mix, from EQ and reverb to amp simulation and multi-band mastering effects. The Digital Portastudio series creates finished productions without the need for a computer, instead using a simple-to-use control surface to keep you creative.
For clear display of your mix, the DP-24SD has a large, full color LCD displaying tracks, meters, and effects parameters. A set of 12 encoders control EQ, effects sends, and panning. Built-in effects include compression, guitar amp modeling, delay, reverb, with a total of 10 effects processors available during mixing.
Eight XLR mic/line inputs each provide phantom power for condenser microphones, switchable in banks of four. One input includes an instrument-level impedence switch for direct input recording of guitar or bass. Balanced monitor outputs and effects sends are also provided on the rear panel. A USB output allows tracks and mixes recorded to your SD card to be transferred to a computer for CD burning or sharing online.
For complete music production on a desktop, there's no simpler choice than the DP-24SD.
|Stress-free user interface for easy recording||To Top|
- 19 faders eliminates layer structuring
Even with the DP-24SD's number of tracks and features, there's no easier multi-track recorder to use. Eighteen track faders and one master fader allows instant access to any track without selecting pages or banks of faders.
- A 3.5" full-color LCD and self-illuminated buttons for increased visibility
Both models have a 3.5" LCD screen and select, self-illuminated buttons - making it easy to view your entire creative process. Some of the illuminated buttons include (SOURCE, SELECT, REC, MUTE).
- 12 rotary knobs are linked to the LCD for easy operation
The DP-24SD have similarly employed rotary knobs to control dynamics such as EQ, effect send and other related features.
- Solid-state SD/SDHC media ensures confident recording, free from shock and vibration
The DP-24SD employ SD/SDHC media. SD/SDHC cards provide secure shock resistance due to the absence of any moving parts. File format of the DP-24SD is FAT 16 or 32. The Portastudio recorded files can be accessed on your computer when connected via USB.
|Project Mastering and Finalizing without the need for other devices||To Top|
- 8 XLR/TRS inputs, 8 channel recording, 24 track playback
- Both units have 8 XLR-TRS combo inputs. You can record up to eight sources at one time.
- INPUT A-H and each track are equipped with 3-band EQ
The equalizer for each track and each input are independent from other effects. Record like any professional studio with EQ for each individual track.
- 8 dynamics effects, guitar effects and mix-down effects
Use up to 8 dynamics effects at once, one for each input source. For example, utilize the built-in compressor effect for your bass, guitar and drum tracks. A multieffects processor includes guitar amp modeling, chorus, flange, delay and other effects.
When the mutlieffects processor is used, only four dynamics effects are available. The stereo reverb on send/return 1 is always available.
- Mastering effects provided without the need for other devices
Create a master track without using a computer with the TASCAM mastering effects.
In the mastering effect section you will find a 3-band equalizer, a 3-band multiband compressor and 3 normalize effects for setting peak amplitude - take your stereo master file to the next level of quality.
|Professional Connections Integrate with your Studio Hardware||To Top|
- The headphone amplifier has a high output power of 70mW/ch
The headphone amplifier of the DP-24SD provide easy monitoring in loud environments such as a rehearsal studio or live event.
- RCA stereo output and two unbalanced 1/4" TS outputs
- High-impedance input available on INPUT H when set to GUITAR
- Phantom power supplied on all inputs
- Dedicated MONITOR OUT for monitor speakers
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
|Features at a glance||To Top|
- Simultaneous 24-track playback
- 12 mono tracks + 6 stereo tracks
- Simultaneous 8-track recording
- 16 or 24 bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz recording
- 8 XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Phantom power supplied on all inputs (INPUT A-D,E-H)
- High-impedance input available (INPUT H)
- Stereo RCA output
- 2 effect send outputs (1/4" TS jack)
- 70mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
- INPUT A-H and each track equipped with 3-band EQ
- Automatic punch in/out
- Various edit functions (COPY INSERT, COPY PASTE, MOVE INSERT, MOVE PASTE, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Undo and Redo function with Undo history
- Dynamics effects for input (Limiter, Compressor, Noise Suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar effects (Amp Simulator, Reverb, Compressor, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser)
- Mix-down effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo Chorus)
- Mastering Effects (Multi-band Compressor, Equalizer, Dither, Normalize)
- Track bounce function
- Virtual track (8 virtual track per one track: including use track)
- Locate mark up to 99 for one song
- File transferring via USB2.0
- Chromatic tuner
- 19 Faders
- Peak-hold function on the level meter of the LCD
- Sub-frame editing
- Dedicated AC adapter included (TASCAM GPE248-120200-Z)
- SD card included
- RoHS certified